A service for children and young people aged 0-18 (0-25 for children with SEND) and their families, accessing the City of London Children’s Centre Services and The Aldgate School, who need support with emotional wellbeing or mental health issues. Our support includes:
- Individual and group interventions
- Parenting support Wellbeing and self-care advice
- Education, training and workshops on issues such as sleep routines, attachment, anxiety issues and managing challenging behaviour
- Referrals to specialist services such as CAMHS if required
What we do:
The Family Lives Team offers a range of services and can help parents and families with the following kinds of problems:
- Sleeping problems
- Fussy eating
- Toilet training
- Relationships with brothers and sisters and other children the same age
- Difficulties with your relationship with your child
- Disagreements in the family about parenting
- Worries following an illness or bereavement or issues that are affecting the whole family
- Changes at home or school that have affected a child's emotions and behaviour
Family Lives can also help children and young people with:
- Fears, unhappiness, anger, anxiety or other difficult feelings.
- Being withdrawn, being aggressive, taking risks or other difficult behaviours.
- Feelings related to parental illness or health problems.
- Changes within the family e.g. separation.
- Relationships with family, friends or teachers.
Family Lives offers a range of parent groups and workshops for parents and young people, and there are a range of useful videos and resources on the First Steps website.
You can contact firstname.lastname@example.org about any parenting or family issue.