Information and advice

City Advice - helping you to manage everyday problems

City Advice advisors offer a confidential and impartial service and are qualified to advise on:

  • Consumer and employment rights
  • Welfare benefits
  • Debt
  • Housing and legal issues
  • Relationships
  • Health and wellbeing

The level of help will depend on your enquiry and the type of advice and help you need. A detailed assessment of the problem will give City Advisors a better understanding of the situation and will be able to offer tailor made advice. You can then decide if you prefer to take action yourself or let City Advice act on your behalf.

Call 020 7392 2919 (Monday - Friday 10am-1pm and 2-4pm) for help and advice or:

To be able to use this service, you must live, work or study in the City of London Square Mile or live in a City of London Corporation Estate.

City Advice is funded by the City of London Corporation and delivered by Toynbee Hall

Helpful guides from City Advice

City Advice is producing a series of helpful guides on a range of different issues.

You can find guides such as Benefits for Older People and Tips for Tax on the City Advice part of the Toynbee Hall website(external link). Upcoming guides will be uploaded to that page too.